12 September 2007

larchmont hardware


I love this place! I suppose I should add that I love Larchmont - it reminds me that there's a city within the city, and without the trek up to Montrose for my other favorite "small town" vibe main street.

Anytime I'm in the area, I stop by to see what's new. This place carries the basics we all need - cleaning supplies, pest control, basic tools, housewares (including random brik-a-brack like tea cups and sink strainers), batteries, glues and the like. My personal favorite - the huge selection of Mrs. Meyer's cleaning products displayed right next to the door in all three scents - Lavender, Geranium and Lemon Verbena. Pick up some of the dish soap or the scrubbing powder, which gives Comet a run for the money without the harsh chemicals. You'll be glad you did.

If you're in the market for some lumber or a new toilet, you'll still need to make your way over to the Home Despot to line up with the rest of the plumber crack crowd, but for everything else, give this little mom and pop shop a try.

Tip - If there's no street parking, don't waste your time driving around the block. You can park for free in the structure located off the Rite Aid lot just a couple of doors down.


152 N. Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323) 463-5783


Photo courtesy of Joan S.

No comments: