31 October 2007

it's the great pumpkin(s)!


Sure, I may be too old to go trick or treat, but you're never too old to carve a pumpkin - or two! Last year, with crazy work weeks and everything else, I didn't have time for any pumpkin carving, so this year I vowed, come hell, high water, or a devil boss, I was going to carve some punkins, dammit!

Beer and I made a last minute trip yesterday to one of my favorite pumpkin patches - The Lopez Family, that used to be on Wilshire and is now adjacent to The Grove - to pick up a couple of orange beauties. After a near altercation with a very odd woman who kept sending her six or seven year old daughter over to snatch the good pumpkins we were literally bent over to pick up - I wish I was exaggerating here! - we finally got our hands on a couple of fresh off the truck, glorious gourds.

Today, armed with some Martha Stewart worthy tools and It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown I went to town to get those babies carved up in time for our lone two trick-or-treaters before heading out to Yelpoween.

You may ask, is all that effort worth it for a couple of hours and two neighbor kids? Absolutely!

No comments: