21 February 2006

daily dating affirmations


here's another one from the archive. why? because some things bear a little repeating.

l

for the first time in my life, i've caught myself obsessing over a man. something i thought i couldn't possibly be guilty of (because i'm above that and i know better, right?) then i realized, oh my god, i am that woman. on the verge of becoming nearly as bad as all of the single girlfriends i've been chastising over this kind of behaviour for years. i guess it happens to the best of us. that said, it's time to reset the bar of dating dignity.

guys, this should be true for you too. if you're having to guess whether or not she's into you. ask. and if you're still not sure, the odds are, she's not, and you're just wasting time that could be spent on someone who is. like yourself.

1. I will not date a man who isn't sure he wants to date me.
2. I will not date a man who makes me feel undesirable.
3. I will not date a man who cannot do what he says he is going to.
4. I will not date a man I feel I need to "figure out."
5. I will not date a man I have to make excuses for.
6. I will not date a man who is "too busy" for me.
7. I will not date a man I have already rejected.
8. I will not date a man who doesn't know who he is and what he wants.
9. I will not, under any circumstance, spend my precious time on a man who has already rejected me.

... no matter how fabulous he is or how long it's been since i had great sex! now if anything on that list struck a chord and if you haven't read "he's just not that into you," this would be a good time to check out a used copy on Amazon.. ;)

No comments: