Stumbled onto this neighborhood florist in a strip mall next to my shoe repair one day when Moe's on Melrose was out of what I was looking for. Now, anytime I head to a dinner or birthday party, this is my first stop.At first, I wasn't sure what to think of the little space, but ended up ecstatic with the beautiful, fresh flowers I left with and even happier with the amazing price. I've been there dozens of times since and they've never let me down. Even if you have only $20 to spend (I recommend $30-$50 for something impressive - on average, I spend $45), they'll make it work.
This is a family run business and the Korean lady there, while not always the warmest in town, is very helpful and kind. I've noticed they do a lot of weddings and funerals (as evidenced from the arrangements filling the little shop at times), but even on their busiest days, they have seasonal stock on hand for bouquets to go.
One of my favorite things here is that aside from the fresh and reasonable flowers, the presentation is always nice. If you're not doing an arrangement in a vase, urn, etc. (they have a good selection), they'll wrap your flowers in either brown paper (which is always chic) or this pretty fabric they have in lots of colors.
There's parking in the little strip mall lot - which even when it's swamped is usually workable. Just beware of the limited weekend hours. They close early at 3p on Saturdays and aren't always open Sundays. However, I recently learned they deliver locally for a nominal $5 charge.
8250 W 3rd St Ste 104
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 657-3533
No comments:
Post a Comment